We had a great first full week of school! We have spent the first seven days building in routines and communicating expectations for the year to come. The excitement and energy was uplifting as I visited many classrooms this first week. As we turn the page to week 2, school really kicks into gear with sports competitions getting started. While the weather keeps us from getting out and enjoying Labor Day, here is a look at what is coming this week.
- Thursday is our first night of competition for our fall sports, hopefully you can come cheer on the Tigers!
- Cross Country is at Marshalltown starting at 4:00
- Volleyball host Ames starting at 4:30
- Football is at Valley Stadium hosting Ankeny starting at 4:30
- We will be completing a few of safety drills this week during our Tiger Time. We feel it is important to practice our Lock Down, Tornado, and Fire drills to ensure all know what to do in the event we have an emergency.
- Our first PAC meeting is Tuesday, September 11th at noon in the Stilwell Media Center.
- We are trying something new this year to help keep parents a little more connected and celebrate the great things that happen at Stilwell. We are using #Stilwellshines to celebrate the good thing students and staff do each day. Feel free to join in and help share all that is good and positive about our Stilwell community.
Enjoy your Labor Day and here is to another great week at Stilwell!
Eric Boyle, Principal